Saturday, December 19, 2009

One more day.

After seven years as a Kepong girl, I'm finally ditching that status to become a Sg. Buloh inhabitant.

Seven years. A very long time and boy, it was one memorable stay. From the insecurities of a teenager right up to the first steps into tertiary education, this place had seen it all. Heck, I've shifted thrice around this area, all with their unique environments. The first house was a walk away from school. Famous for its Titanic winds (yes, it's that windy) and of course, termites. I remembered staring at a termite queen with mixed disgust and curiosity. When it rained, the halls were filled with these creeps, flying here and there. Some even had an untimely ending of being fried by the altar candlelights (I'm one of the culprits, teehee).

My second house was opposite a primary Chinese school. Jams, pollution, loads of gossiping aunties and mamak sessions tagged along altogether. That school had 5000 students there. So imagine all those cars parked and parents hanging around... in front of my house. Just step out of the house and VOILA, many pairs of eyes staring at you, finding for the slightest crack of an opening to come up a topic about.. well, you. Despite all the hassle, those times there were my best moments. Friends just keep waking me up from my sleep by calling my name LOUDLY behind my window. We travelled almost the whole "taman" doing nothing else but talking. Since my tuition was nearby, everyone inclusive of my tuition teacher walked over to pasar malam on Thursdays. Oh how I miss those days.

The third and final one was just near the forest reserve. It has the same windy atmosphere as the first one, yet it's the smallest of the three. That was the place when I first stepped into tertiary education. I feel kinda bad for my books since I don't clean up my place often and this place collects dust as if Santa's here to give presents, so they turned yellow and spotty. Some of them can even become antique collections already. Still, it does add a unique touch to them which makes me wanna read them again (even Enid Blyton's books, yes). This place has a friendly neighborhood dog called.. Doggy and two cats, one called Sayang and another called Manja. Doggy is friendly to the residents here except strangers and he's hopelessly adorable when he gives his puppy look with his golden eyes. As for Sayang, she's more manja than Manja, who is snobbish and antisocial. The last time I saw Sayang, she was heavily pregnant. I hope she's doing fine now.

My neighbors here are fantastic. They're friendly and nice, a rarity nowadays in this urban world. There's one lady who is so kind that she was willing to cook for not only me and my bro, but the whole family yesterday. My parents really felt indebted to her since they're too busy to handle our meals regularly. Then there's another who has a SUPERBLY ADORABLE granddaughter. My god, she's a doll with a chubby body, so pinchable. I have to take a picture of her tomorrow (if she doesn't cry when she sees me of course).

As I type this post on my bed, sometimes I look away from my laptop to stare at the bare walls that now surrounds me. This nostalgic feeling is.. unique, I can't really put this into words. Despite my persistent longing to watch Avatar and to touch my new desktop, I feel at ease to just lie down at my bed and hear the sounds of birds chirping, the passing traffic and the occasional horns. After all, this is my last day as a Kepong girl.


-mel-

2 comments:

Asstounding kukubird said...

sungai buloh... kaya o....haha

Melanie said...

ala, tak kaya la... mostly ada butter :P