Thursday, December 17, 2009

The air of freedom...

... is filled with tiny specks of dust and microbial alien organisms that I refuse to think about their origins.

Life just likes throwing two unrelated things together at a single time e.g finals and shifting out. I was actually studying beside an increasing pile of boxes till the extent of having to shift my study corner to the living room. Then they planned to dismantle the fans and air cond ahead of schedule which leaves me without proper room air circulation until the 20th. At first, I was a lil' bit grumpy about it but then I found it authentic... It's fun grabbing a cushion from a sofa and sitting on it with the mobile fan blasting at my face and me, studying furiously for my upcoming papers.

Without the white noise from our ceiling fans, it's pretty easy to notice my surroundings, from the pitter patter of the rain to the sirens emanating from ambulances passing by. Even when I was in my room, trying to get some shut eye, I still can't help to blend into the environment. My dad even said that our current situation was so like his days in kampung.. all that's left is him wearing a singlet and sarong to complete the experience, that is.

Then here comes the packing. My sinuses suffered because of that, and it's just two hours of dumping stuff into boxes. For once, I find my books to be pretty worn, thanks to time and not cleaning and all. Heck, even my Harry Potter book looks like something from the ancient times. Still, despite their spotty appearances, they're really good books and I don't mind spending my time reading them during the holidays. As I dig and toil around the organized chaos, I encountered an apology letter meant for my ex, back in those puppy love days. When I read the content, I laughed my head off. How naive I was during those days.

Thankfully, I had arranged my storybooks neatly in one corner a few weeks back, so not much of a worry of forgetting something. However there are a few books I would like to give out, especially the Enid Blyton series. No matter how much of nostalgic value they hold, the reality is that they're taking up alot of space for new ones to come. As for my reference books.... abit harder. Most of them are stuck there growing fungus for many months. MOST of them anyway. The remaining few are underneath my dad's organized chaos in terms of uniforms.

I have loads more to pack sadly, which means more rashes for me. Well, I hope things can be settled soon enough eventhough it's just a tip of the iceberg.


-mel-

No comments: