Saturday, August 15, 2009

Life's fragile moments.


be careful, it's fragile.
credits to deviantart.

It is so ironic that we all will only realize how lucky we are after we faced death. That irony never fails to hit us hard and send us reeling into deep soul-searching.

I lost a friend today.

When I first heard the news, I felt the skies were abit darker. I couldn't believe my ears until I went to his Facebook profile and saw the endless lists of condolences.

The whole day, eventhough I had some funny moments like getting lost on the way to college, I kept reminiscing about the memories I had with him eventhough we weren't very close. I kept thinking of how fragile, fragile life is and how death can come knocking in any unexpected moment.

People say, "Appreciate what we have now and live life to the fullest". It is very true, yet I can't help but wonder, there was a time when all of us wished the good times we had will last forever. There was a time when all of us thought that we will grow old together and watch the sun sets in our golden years. There was a time when all of us thought that we have so many years ahead of us and that was the only reason death can't touch us.

Questions kept on rolling in my mind between the deep breaths and dribbling sweat. As I tried to find the answers in the middle of my exercise routine, I only found clues, not answers.

Nowadays, my emotions are on a precarious balance. To be exact, ever since I finished my antibiotic prescriptions. Maybe that time of the month is approaching or I just haven't fully recovered. For once, I wish my fridge can refill itself with bars of dark chocolate.

Tomorrow, I'll get one. Then, I'll bring my mom somewhere.

Oh. I think I just found my answer.

Just enjoy life's simpler moments. :)


Dear Sylvester,

I know you are in a better place now. I just wanna tell you that I'm very glad I have known such a great person and if I can see you again in the next lifetime, I will definitely get to know you better. Till then, keep watching for all of us.

With much love,
Melanie.


I hope this message doesn't get lost betwee the clouds. Before I forget, here's a hug. Hope you can feel it from my words.
Credits to Deviantart.

2 comments:

the queen of catastrophes said...

condolences melly.. huggies..

Melanie said...

it's okay. *hugs