Monday, January 05, 2009

Back to school.

Ah, the nostalgic stale scent of my lecture hall, AE1. Cushioned chairs, check. Lighting, check. Projector, check. Whiteboard, check. Aircond, ch- wait...



Oh my.


No aircond.

Ooh wee, the class has more occupants. What a wonderful match to pair with an aircond-less room. Hello, stuffy lecture hall. You MISS ME?

Yeah, I heard you. Loud and clear. Since 11 a.m. this morning.

SO. Today was my start of a new, fresh semester amidst all the stuffiness and snooze aura lingering in the air. We began with the reappearance of our Research "Good Boy" lecturer, Dr. Albert and *surprise, surprise* John Kiat with the tongue as fast as a bullet train. This duo is responsible for conducting Quantitative Methods which basically revolves around statistics. Nothing too fanciful really, except a new software called SPSS and tons of graphs/tables.

And a few snoring their heads off I suppose.

Then, we had Project Management. Our lecturer wasn't able to make it today, so our replacement lecturer entered instead. The next hour or so, I was already busy doodling my notebook with names of random singers and their respective song titles. I can somehow.. umm.... appreciate his effort but seriously, my attention span was already in an all time low, so.. lalalalalaa. You get it, I get it, no?

After quick hushes and whispers, me and my friends zoomed off from that class and stopped by the Dept of Psych to ask a few questions about our electives. Now, that was the time I got hit by an academic dilemma.

Minors or free electives?

Dun dun dun....

Obviously minors is the best choice but it depends on the interest. Thankfully there are loads of minors to choose from, yet it won't be an easy task. I certainly don't wish to be stuck with the subjects I dislike for the rest of my course.

Oh well. Just have to take one step at a time.


-Mel-

No comments: