Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Simplified in poetry.

I have this habit of writing random poems/stuff when I'm waiting for someone or just plain bored. This habit intensifies when my heart tends to be bothered with issues that I only know of. The following stuffs were written today around 5.40pm to 6.00pm with me sitting at the stairs outside KPDA. 

i. Occupations.

If my eyes are camerapersons, they would have taken so many pictures of the environment, no matter how shabby it is. Because beyond the exterior, lies a wonderful story caught in the moment.

If my heart is a painter, it would have painted 1001 emotions in my daily life's blank canvas. From bright colors of magenta and orange, to sombre colors like midnight blue and grey.

If my senses are investigators, they would have explored and investigated every nook and cranny in any object/human they could find to unravel the raw truth. Talk about digging gold in a barren wasteland.

If my ears are music producers, they would have channeled the random sounds from my surroundings, combined them with the falsettos of my heart and composed them into a beautiful song that echoes around the precipes of my mind.

If my mouth is a radio DJ, it would update its listeners with the endless arguments between my mind and my heart that have to offer.

ii. Letters hidden beneath randomness.

I wanna sleep.
Flowers are pretty.
Elephants are wise.
Enrich point from MAS are so overrated.
Legs are sexy when they are lean.
Lean bodies rock.
Icings in cupcakes are my loves.
Katherine McPhee has a very soulful voice.
Everybody knows but nobody REALLY knows.
Cats are adorable.
Rats are disgusting yet smart.
Yay for final exams (Aprilfool's coming, so can't help it).
Inside out, round and round.
NANA is a rock-inspired anime which deserves much credit with its songs itself.
God gave our souls wings to fly, but how much do we appreciate those wings that gave us freedom?

iii. Two words.

A struggle.
With emotion.

A tear.
Being stubborn.

A past.
Not unforgettable.

A contact.
Physical attraction.

Hidden feelings.
Always resisting.

Never fading.
Always questioning.

Forever smiling.
No ending.

A battle.
Heart, mind.

Who wins?
God knows.

-mel-

No comments: